Whats the Best HH HL Gyro Under $60.00?

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Crash-n-Hard
Junior Pilot

Whats the Best HH HL Gyro Under $60.00?

by Crash-n-Hard » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi,... I was wondering if someone know whats the best Gyro under $60 is?
Looking thru several online hobby shops the Telebee / Zoom Head Lock Gyro seems to have a lot of reviews and people seem to be happy with it as per the reviews.

I have the King v2 Heli and I've thought about upgrading my stock Gyro to the next level Gyro that ESky offers but from reading some of the posts here it seems like there are a few glitches with it which has kinda turned me away from it but my mine hasnt been completly made up yet.

Are there any other Gyro's out there I may have missed under the $60 price range that people seem to like a lot?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Take Care.
CNH. A.K.A. Jim.
2 x Align Black/Silver Carbon Fiber T-REX 450SE v2.
Honey Bee King v2.
Spektrum DX7 TX and AR6100 RX.
Futaba S9650 Digital High Performance Servo.
Hitec HS-65HB Servo.
Logictech 2100T High Performance Gyro.
Air Thunder 2200 25C Batteries.

kg135035
New Pilot

by kg135035 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:00 pm

Hello

I just fitted an Align RCE-500 on my King I. When I ordered it a week or so ago, it was just a touch under $70us. It works absolutely great right out of the box. I only had to make a bit of adjustment to the gain (increased till I got a bit of tail wag, then backed it off just to eliminate the wag).The rudder control in standard rate has a LOT more authority than the stock Gyro. Once in Heading Lock, it holds the tail rock steady in a hover and some light back yard maneuvering. Rudder authority is just as quick in HH.

Just to add, I found that the "Gyro" switch on the Tx is DOWN for headlock and up for Standard Rate.

For a few bucks over $60, I highly recommend the Align.

Good Luck on your search

Cheers
Kev

Steve Evans
Group Captain

by Steve Evans » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:23 pm

You need to consider if you want to use local or remote gain setting. The ESky EK2-0704A HH gyro will work with the standard ESky tx as it has a trim pot to adjust gain, but if you want to use remote gain with something more sophisticated you'll need to upgrade to a computer radio that lets you control channel 5 appropriately.

The ESky gyro has a reputation for suffering from drift as it warms up. A number of folks on here, including myself have encountered this problem. Apart from that it seems to work way better than the standard gyro.

Steve

Crash-n-Hard
Junior Pilot

by Crash-n-Hard » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:24 pm

kg135035 wrote:Hello

I just fitted an Align RCE-500 on my King I. When I ordered it a week or so ago, it was just a touch under $70us. It works absolutely great right out of the box. I only had to make a bit of adjustment to the gain (increased till I got a bit of tail wag, then backed it off just to eliminate the wag).The rudder control in standard rate has a LOT more authority than the stock Gyro. Once in Heading Lock, it holds the tail rock steady in a hover and some light back yard maneuvering. Rudder authority is just as quick in HH.

Just to add, I found that the "Gyro" switch on the Tx is DOWN for headlock and up for Standard Rate.

For a few bucks over $60, I highly recommend the Align.

Good Luck on your search

Cheers
Kev

When you were doing your shopping for a new gyro did you happen to compare the two gyro's, The Telebee/Zoom and the Align RCE-500 gyro?

If so, what were the differences and what was it that made you go with the Align? because the Telebee gyro looks just like it.

CNH.
CNH. A.K.A. Jim.

Honey Bee King v2.

Hitec HS-65HB Servo.

vortech
Flight Commander

by vortech » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:31 pm

My Esky Heading lock gyro works as well as my Jr 500T HH gyro, it does however have a slight drift, which i can live with, it does lock as "tight" as the Jr 500 T, for $38 , Im not complaining, it's much better than the stock gyro......

kg135035
New Pilot

by kg135035 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:45 pm

When you were doing your shopping for a new gyro did you happen to compare the two gyro's, The Telebee/Zoom and the Align RCE-500 gyro?

If so, what were the differences and what was it that made you go with the Align? because the Telebee gyro looks just like it.

CNH.

Hi CNH

I decided on the Align due to availability + fast & cheap shipping to me here in Canada. I do agree, the Telebee/Zoom looks pretty much identical. However, I could not find one readily available for me, so I went with the Align. Otherwise, I would have gone with the Telebee/zoom myself.

Cheers
Kev

Crash-n-Hard
Junior Pilot

by Crash-n-Hard » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:29 am

Hmm,...
What about the HDX Head Lock Gyro? It's the same price as the Telebee Zoom Gyro but i dont see any review for that one, the description reads the exact same as the Telebee Zoom model..

Strange,... I think the Telebee Zoom will be the one then unless someone else would like to add more info or options.

Take Care,...
CNH. A.K.A. Jim.

Honey Bee King v2.

Hitec HS-65HB Servo.

edwardyturralde
Group Captain

by edwardyturralde » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:04 am

Hi,

I use the telebee 6g micro gyro and its great. at 6 grams its so small and light and holds the tail pretty good with proper setup. Its exactly the same as the align and HDX one.
Thanks,
Edward

Trex 700N - Ely Q regulator, Align 3GX Fbl, OS91, DS620 x3, JR 8900G, Radix 690SB, remote glow.
Trex 450 Sport
Trex100, Blade MCX, Micro Sukhoi SU26
Spektrum DX7, AR7600

Crash-n-Hard
Junior Pilot

by Crash-n-Hard » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:27 am

edwardyturralde wrote:Hi,

I use the telebee 6g micro gyro and its great. at 6 grams its so small and light and holds the tail pretty good with proper setup. Its exactly the same as the align and HDX one.

Now see that one looks just like the Telebee Zoom model except it's 5 grams lighter and a little smaller.

The way you said with proper setup sounds like you may have had issues with it,.. was it hard to setup?
CNH. A.K.A. Jim.

Honey Bee King v2.

Hitec HS-65HB Servo.

helitaiwan963
Junior Pilot

by helitaiwan963 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:35 pm

Hey Jim. Good to see you have found heliguy also. :)

Later
Eric
fly high

Crash-n-Hard
Junior Pilot

by Crash-n-Hard » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:39 pm

helitaiwan963 wrote:Hey Jim. Good to see you have found heliguy also. :)

Later
Eric

ERIC,.... :lol: Hows It Going?
I ended up ordering the Telebee Zoom Gyro for my King v2 and also a new HS-50 Servo for the tail.

Everything should be here by Wednesday, Hopefully this will fix my right rudder problems which continue to haunt me.

CNH.
CNH. A.K.A. Jim.

Honey Bee King v2.

Hitec HS-65HB Servo.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1