Twister Skylift Transmitter

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
slowachiever
New Pilot

Twister Skylift Transmitter

by slowachiever » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am

Could someone suggest a replacement radio to fly the above helicopter.
I have done various testing and have found the radio to faulty in the transmitter board inside . What other radio could we use besides the original . It is currently the original 33Mhz version . Twister said I could change it to 2.4 GHZ radio and receiver.
Regards
Ian
Perth WEST AUSTRALIA.

jackeb
Fleet commander

by jackeb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 pm

What they meant was you could change it to their 2.4 ghz system which is a Planet RC system, if my memory serves me correctly. You can't use, say a Futaba or Spektrum system because the Rx, speed controllers etc are all in the one unit.
Out of interest, I believe, the Twister 35 mghz stuff is actually JR stuff and I've found it to be pretty reliable. I think you've just been unlucky to have a bad one. If the supplier wont play ball and give you a replacement they're cheap enough to make buying a replacement worth while.

slowachiever
New Pilot

Skylifter Transmitter

by slowachiever » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks Jackeb , What happened was my brother has apparently dropped the transmitter, the lanyard let go ,on the carpet at home .I have done several tests including replaced receiver fitted borrowed crystals sets at the hobby shops each with same answer ,radio u/s.
HairyDave on this forum gave me some clues as he had the same fault with his a 2 year ago ,and he had replaced the receiver fixing the fault with transmitter losing contact within a couple of metres .
The service guy Julian at Twister emailed me that the 3 in one unit will not need changing only the receiver and transmitter pair .He did not answer the question of whether another brand could be used ,just to speak to a stockist of Model Engines Australia, the JP agency here ,to get their newer model of radio.The Planet unit you mentioned .
Thanks
Ian

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1