Mini Titan vs Trex 450 vs Belt CP?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
geekindenial
Senior Pilot

Mini Titan vs Trex 450 vs Belt CP?

by geekindenial » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:50 am

Hi all,

I'm still contemplating which heli to get after the current Belt's. A few ppl I know have suggested either Mini Titan SE or Trex 450SE v2. Has anyone here had experience with both? How are they (in terms of quality and flight characteristics) compared to each other and compared to the Belts?

They both have full metal parts.

Thanks,
GID
Belt CP 1 - mostly stock, SG90, SG50

Belt CP 2 - HDX450 landing gear, MX400 main gear, DTS mod with SG90, GY401 + 9257 tail, microheli shaft, Esky cnc head, Copterx cnc tail

Mini titan SE - GY401 + 9257, hasn't needed any mods :-)

DX6i

Real_Sparky
Fleet commander

by Real_Sparky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 am

Hi GID
Cant tell you much about the titan but the trex is a different story.
The trex compared to the belt is like comparing a mini to a ferrari.
There is no comparison.
The trex is a lot more stable to fly, more responsive, a the build quality is fantastic.
I did happen the see a titan yesterday a my lhs but it was the plastic version looked better than the belt but not as good as the trex, again this was the plastic version.
Of course it all depends on the electronics you put into it.

These are my thoughts.

Darin
Logo 500 Vabr
Trex 450 Pro mini VBar
MCPX
Nitro, I don't need no stinking nitro!

francois123
Group Captain

by francois123 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:15 am

I've got the stock mini titan with HS-65HB servos, Align gyro, Futaba rx and the brushless motor and esc that came with the kit. It is really stable and easy to work with. I've replaced the entire head with a CNC head and it's a huge improvement.
So I can only emagine the the SE version must best out of this world.

Contact Scooter over on the Mini Titan forum, he's got the SE and plastic version.
FRANCOIS
Mini Titan
CopterX Pro
CopterX - UH-1 Huey
DS450 - Hughes 500E Army
HBK 2
Lama V3
Walkera 4#3B
DX6i
Phoenix

c5
Group Captain

by c5 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:17 am

I've flown (don't own) a Mini Titan. Stable and very high quality components (stock)

My next move after learning with the Belt was to go bigger. Having flown the MT and my Belt (full CNC/Align or Radix blades), I can say there is very little difference in the way they fly.

Sure a stock Belt does not have very good components and to get the best out of it, you will need to upgrade parts and buy a programmable radio, but with those fitted, it can easily match the MT or Trex 450.

I went Trex 500 - bigger, more stable, same battery duration (depending on setup) and I can still fly it outside my house. I would have kept my T600, but that means very expensive batteries and a trip to the flying club. IMO, the Trex 500 is a perfect size for park flyers who have flown a 450.
Regards

Clive

Always buy the best Helicopter you can afford to crash!

jeznewsome
Fleet commander

by jeznewsome » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:26 pm

c5 wrote:Sure a stock Belt does not have very good components and to get the best out of it, you will need to upgrade parts and buy a programmable radio, but with those fitted, it can easily match the MT or Trex 450.

Disagree that a CNC belt with Prog Tx gets anywhere near a TRex 450. I owned both at the same time, on the same radio and can tell you that the 450SE was more powerful, more stable, more controllable and overall a far higher quality heli. The spares for the 450 are packaged in pairs/triples, readily available and not made of cheese!

Needless to say I still own the 450, fly it regularly, still enjoy it and haven't owned a belt for ages and the ones I have flown recently have reminded me why I don't have it any more!

No long term experience of a Titan
450SE/500CF/600N/700N plus Planks

gregsblade
Fleet commander

by gregsblade » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:09 pm

a blinged up belt cp does not even come close to the standard mini titan, let alone the se or the trex.

the trex is much more twitchy than the mini titan, but both are fantastic in standard or se trims. you won't go wrong with either.

my mini titan has a few metal upgrades (head block, mixing levers, washout cage, swash plate) and i can't fault it.
Greg
Trex 700 Nitro
Trex 500 3G
Trex 450 Sport
Trex 250
Blade MSR

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1