Help my copter wont fly

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
herroder
New Pilot

Help my copter wont fly

by herroder » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 am

Alright so i decided to buy a helicopter today and i went to best buy and bought a interceptor R/C it says 052 on the side. So i was flying it fine before and it crashed here n there nothing brutal. it still works fine but it just hovers a inch or two off the ground. is there anyway i can open it up and fool around with wires to make it work again? Help please :)

dondecap
Group Leader

by dondecap » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:49 am

hi mate,
is it the 6 channel intercepter or a 3 or 4 channel one.
you have prob damaged some thing in the rotor head.
regards
don
Esky Lama v3 2.4ghz
esky BIG lama 2.4ghz
Walkera 38 2.4ghz
Hbfp - gone to heli heaven
3DX 'B' 450 clone 35mhz
JR Propo XP652 35mhz
yahoo messenger.....same name

randalsh
Air Vice Marshal

by randalsh » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:49 am

The 052 is a coaxial.

It could be any one of a number of causes. Lack of power sounds the most likely. The batts will only fly for a few minutes without fully recharging.
Also check all the electric contacts for bad joints.
Look at plastic gears for damage or bad mesh.
Randal

CHARLEY, the Rock and the Hard Place

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/382610

Trex 450 SE. 65mgs & 401
Trex 450 Pro. Fbl. Spartan VX1e.
DX7
mCPx.
Phoenix.

carlosmingos
New Pilot

by carlosmingos » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:11 am

this is the same as what my little coaxial does when battery powers low....

ratedr
New Pilot

Re: Help my copter wont fly

by ratedr » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:48 am

herroder wrote:Alright so i decided to buy a helicopter today and i went to best buy and bought a interceptor R/C it says 052 on the side. So i was flying it fine before and it crashed here n there nothing brutal. it still works fine but it just hovers a inch or two off the ground. is there anyway i can open it up and fool around with wires to make it work again? Help please :)

same thing happened with mine too, flew it a few times , wont fly over a few inches off ther ground...charged it fully, checked the plastic teeth inside all work fine, changed the batt in the remote, still wont fly higher then a foot off the ground

XoPWNAGEoX
New Pilot

Hmm

by XoPWNAGEoX » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 pm

ok uhm my grandfather has the interceptor 052 and he brought it over to my place, mine flies like a beauty but his just wont get 3 feet off the ground =/ i put it on the dining table and basically launched it off and then flew it down the stairs and it still wont get more than 3 feet of air, i think he got new blades on it because they broke and now it just wont fly the same, please help before i throw this thing in the can.

PNWFlyer
New Pilot

by PNWFlyer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Is your heli the same as your grandfathers heli?

If so, then you can substitute parts and see if the problem goes away.

Swap batteries, and see if the problem follows the battery. Meaning, put his battery in your heli, and see if your heli will still fly correctly. If so, then you have eliminated the battery as part of the problem. If your heli won't get higher than three feet, then you just identified the battery as the issue.

Look at his blades, and see if they are the same as yours. Maybe he put wrong blades on, or put the blades on incorrectly. I know it sounds silly, but I just got received a heli in the mail and part of it was put together backwards....so, don't assume everything is correct. You have to verify it.

On a coax, there are two sets of blades, commonly referred to A set and B set. Don't get them mixed up. He might have one A and one B interchanged...you need to verify what is what...

Lastly, IF they are both identical, you can see about binding his heli with your transmitter, and see what happens. If it flies right, then the problem is with his transmitter.

Good luck.
I've got you right where you want me.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1