Heli's with honey bee fixed-pitch compatible parts?

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
verso
New Pilot

Heli's with honey bee fixed-pitch compatible parts?

by verso » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Just received my HB 2 fixed pitch, and was getting the hang of hovering, but I hit the ground a little hard yesterday. One of the ball joints on the rotor head snapped. The piece is only $2.50-$4.00, but shipping is a killer (so is waiting!!). So the question is - are there any compatible popular heli's (that a LHS would be likely to stock)?

I thought I'd read somewhere that one of the Blade models had interchangable parts - but I can't find that particular post now.

I suppose I should buy a few... judging by the nearly-universal out-of-stockness of the HB 2 rotor-head, I guess it's in high demand. There's probably a good reason for that. :D

Oh, one last question. The best deal (in the US) I found for shipping was $3.99 from *******. Does anyone have any favorite sources in the US with appropriate shipping for tiny orders?

Pippin
Group Captain

by Pippin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi verso

The ball links on my FP go quicker than I can keep up with, your not on your own. If you have to order them I recommend to buy them in bulk say 3 packets of 2 links making 6 altogether, you will use them and if you don't there not gonna break the bank :lol:

As for your second question, ******* is probably your best bet because there not a small company and can afford to do P+P for less. Of course if anyone knows of a cheaper one then do say

(Although I wouldn't recommend it, I myself flew for a few weeks with only one link rod while they were on order)

Happy Flying

Phil
Old Kit Align Trex 450S, DX7, AR6100, HS65HB w/ Logictech2100T, CY Radix 325mm

New Kit Alight Trex 500ESP FBL, BeastX, DX7, DS655 tail.

verso
New Pilot

by verso » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:21 pm

(Although I wouldn't recommend it, I myself flew for a few weeks with only one link rod while they were on order)

:D Yeah, I held off for about 36 hours. But I couldn't concentrate on anything... it was just sitting there in the corner... fresh, full battery, screaming my name...

So ditto on the "flying with one link rod."

verso
New Pilot

by verso » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Oops, there goes link #2. :(

stuboy
Fleet commander

by stuboy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:32 pm

those parts i think you will find are the same as the dragonfly... i've put honeybee parts on my dragonfly many times and it's always been a perfect fit.

The only thing i know is different is the main frame. but other than that, they are pretty much the same heli.

The Esky electrics are better than the walkera ones tho i beleive. i know the tail motors are for sure! ;)
Stu
[Extreme Skids] [Carbon Fibre Blades] [Tower Pro SG90] [Tower Pro SG50] [Futaba FF7]
[Phoenix RC Sim]

Fredwin.B
Fleet commander

by Fredwin.B » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Dragonfly rotor heads DO NOT fit the FP honeybee, the bearings on the core are too far apart, believe me i've tried. Funny how the rotor head always fails on the Esky Honeybee (cost £4) but it's the Rotor Core that always fails on the Dragonfly 4 (cost £4)..... I smell a conspiracy..... why can't we use walkera heads and Esky cores?

Fred

stuboy
Fleet commander

by stuboy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:40 pm

i'm sure i've used the honeybee head core on my dragonfly... fit snug as a bug in a rug!

... maybe it was for a sabre...

:shock: :? :roll:
Stu

[Extreme Skids] [Carbon Fibre Blades] [Tower Pro SG90] [Tower Pro SG50] [Futaba FF7]
[Phoenix RC Sim]

Fredwin.B
Fleet commander

by Fredwin.B » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:26 pm

Headcore will work, it's the rotor head that's too narrow to fit both bearings and screws in :D

Fred

verso
New Pilot

by verso » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:24 am

Well, I did finally get my rotor head. Then... I broke the hub. :( Which is weird, 'cause I didn't actually crash. It just suddenly went out of control. I didn't even see what the problem was until I began disassembling the whole thing.

ANYway, am I to understand that the HM-004-Z-14 (walkera dragonfly core) can replace the EK1-0203 (esky "center hub")?

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1