Heli won't lift off the ground!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
newbiebeginniner
New Pilot

Heli won't lift off the ground!

by newbiebeginniner » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Okay, here's the deal. I just got my belt-cp. I haven't flown (or attempted to) it yet, and have just recently figured out all the controls on the transmitter. I now know what controls what, especially the knobs on the top of the transmitter. Now, here comes the problem. I turned on the receiver, connected the battery, and powered up the heli to check all the mechanicalstuff. Servo's work good, channels from transmitter work good. I throttled up (still had thottle lever turned down), RPM picked up, main blade speed picked up, throttled all the way up, and heli never got off the ground. I was testing on a concrete floor, and all it did was skid across the ground. What could the problem be? I had the knobs on the top of the transmitter set a "0", should I adjust the trim of the main blades? Again, anybody who knows what to do...HELP!!! :shock:

WattTheHeli
Group Captain

by WattTheHeli » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:39 am

Congratulations! You are the proud owner of a brand new heli. As you will find out quickly while reading the forum, RTF is not what it seems. Before you attempt to fly you should check for loose screws, level your swash plate, balance the rotor blades, set the pitch of the blades, and track the blades. With the heli setup properly and fully charged batteries in your heli and transmitter your bird will most likely be able to lift off at half throttle or slightly more.

Be sure to use your training gear if you have it as flying these little guys requires a good deal of practice. One crash can cause a lot of damage so take care as you learn. Use the search feature to find posts on the above mentioned suggestions. The similar topics section below a good post is also a good place to find info.

Happy flying,

Chris
Watch me learn to crash an RC heli! 4/10/07

My Walkera 60 has defied gravity!!!! Then gravity fought back :)

I can fly :~)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1