dx6i configuration problem...help !

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
New Pilot

dx6i configuration problem...help !

by tacomaboy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Greetings all.....please help before I go insane......
This is my 8th 450 class heli that I have configured with my dx61 in the last 4 years, but I find myself stumped with a config. problem this time around with my servo setup.

I am using an ar6100e transmitter, which have worked flawlessly in the past.
WHen I move the right stick left and right, the elevator servo does not move, but the pitch (aux1) does, and it should not. If I push the stick forward and back, all 3 work as they should, it is just left and right.

I have tried several combinations with the swash mix and the "reverse" settings in setup, but the elevator still will not work left to right. I have changed the servos around and still the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Group Captain

by glyn485 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:07 pm

WHen I move the right stick left and right, the elevator servo does not move, but the pitch (aux1) does, and it should not

sorry fella, can't figure up why you think the pitch servo shouldn't move with stick input, guess you fried the old brain cells :? just been configuring one of my helis and I know it can be confusing . Do you have three servos @ 120* selected in the tx...Glyn
HB.king2 .......... protech zoom 425 ep pro (homemade frame) ............. Blade 400 hybrid..........2x HKH450(+cnc).........T.Rex 450sev2.......Copterx450 Pro.......... Copterx 250(new baby)........spectrum dx6i

Flight Commander

Re: dx6i configuration problem...help !

by Scorpio » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi, it sounds like you are nearly there.
I suspect the elevator & pitch servos need to be swapped (often easiest to just unplug those 2 from the receiver and swap them there)

check "swash type" is set to 120*for a 450 clone, ( or 90* if you have an Interceptor 400)

to check all servos are connected to the correct channel :
right stick move left/right, both rear servos should move, front shouldn't
- if they both move in same direction, use reverse menu to change 1 servo
- if they both need reversing change from +60 to -60 in swash mix menu
This should get you started
Change 1 setting at a time and recheck.

There are a few setup guides, search should find them or someone else may be able to put the links here for you.

Hope it helps, if still not right let us know what happens with the tests above.

Dx6i, Turnigy charger, mSr
HK450 Sport / AR6100 / MG90s / 401 clone.
King3 + CNC / AR6100 Rx.

Working away during the week so don't expect replies to PM's until the weekend. Cheers.

New Pilot

by tacomaboy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanx guys for your replies. Soon after I posted it I figured it out and you were both correct....such a stupid mistake....I think I had Senior moment :)

Flight Commander

by Utt4nutta » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Sometimes it's better to have a beer and come back in an hour.

:D :D
Trex 450 SE V2
Trex 450Pro V2 VBaaaa( Micro sheep )
Protos 500 VBaaaa(Stealth Heli)
Fusion 50 VBaaaa(Almost a sheep!)
Fury 55(Nothing to say but, Awesome!)
Spectra G(Got an ally barry now)
G4 E720(Oh yeaaah!)
Futaba 10C TX

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1